Location: The Glee Club Nottingham, NG1 7EH
Show manager required for an immediate start - afternoon/evening hours
To oversee the entire light, sound, staging and technical aspects of all events at our venue inclusive of client, promoter and tour manager liaison. Reporting directly to the general manager and working alongside relevant department head to ensure the smooth running of the show, sound checks and schedule of the event.
Working alongside many high profile famous comics and musicians to deliver a great experience for our loyal customers in a vibrant and exciting venue with almost 25 years of entertainment experience.
The role is a primarily evening based (5-6pm starts) but 12pm starts may be required for music gigs. Typical 6 hour shift for comedy gigs and 10 hour shift for music gigs.
To run and oversee the entire sound, lighting and staging aspects of our Weekend Comedy & Touring Comedy shows. To also set up PA and staging for our Music & Burlesque events.
• Stage construction / breakdown
• Sound & lighting desk operation and programming (Pearl desk - analogue & digital)
• Rigging of lights / projectors / screens
• Liaising with tour managers confirming show tech specs in advance of shows
• Maintenance and correct storage of equipment
• Some general building electrical and technical maintenance
• Acts and artist hospitality / dressing room & rider set ups
• DJ capabilities for specific events
• Show announcements / audience management
• Auditorium set up
This is a show based role. If there is a show in our program you will be required. This includes every Friday & Saturday throughout the year and various other shows during the week.
Typically 3-4 days a week. During peak season 5-7 days. Typically closed Mondays & Tuesdays.
Weekend Comedy: Friday & Saturday nights, typically 5-6 hour shifts between 5/6pm to 11pm/12am
Touring Comedy: Various nights (Jan-May / Sep-Nov), typically 5-6 hour shifts between 5/6pm to 11pm/12am
Music Gigs: Various nights, typically a longer shifts between 12/3pm to 11pm/1am
Burlesque: Quarterly Sundays, 3pm to 12am
Rate of pay:
£9.15 per hour
The Glees are great venues with a great reputation for delivering the best in live stand up and music gigs week in and week out for more than 20 years.
Our ideal candidate possesses a can do attitude. Delivering great dynamic and time efficient shows. A calm, balanced and helpful nature is imperative. Not only will you be looking after high profile shows and artistes but you will also be customer facing. This isn't a backstage out of sight role so you need to be presentable and approachable.
You need to have experience of working in a similar professional environment: 1 year (Required)
• We provide our technician with a meal from our menu each shift (£10 in value).
• Complimentary tickets at managers discretion.
• You also get to see endless amounts of great live comedy and music.
Please apply with a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.